Bottom Line: The company has family values as well as a priority that puts its customers first. Arpin Van Lines has experienced growth over the years while keeping its quality service which is why it is successful in the first place. The company is the only moving company in the country owned and operated by family and remained successful for over a hundred years.
Before Wheaton World Wide conglomerate acquires it,Arpin Van Lineswas a family-owned moving company that established a great national network of local movers.
Arpin Van Lines
Get a Quote877-856-4660
In this article
They are generally a good option to consider for interstate and international moves. However, some of the moving workers that are employed by the local agents often load and unload customer’s belongings in a careless manner which could lead to damage to customer’s items.
Arpin Van Lines prides itself on perfectly or almost perfect handle local, long-distance, and international moves. The company has 385 locations across the country and has worked with leading, reliable agencies across the globe to deliver its promised quality services.
Make a comparison of Arpin to the moving companies found on our list of the best state-to-state moving companies and the best international moving companies.
What Moving Services offered by Arpin Van Lines
Arpin Van Lines is now one of the merger companies including Bekins Van Lines, Wheaton Worldwide Moving, and other top companies in the industry that are located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Their network consists of over 400 local agents across the nation.
The company offer a wide range of moving services to its customers. These include:
- Local moving service:Residential customers can partner with local moving agents for local and regional relocation. They will make an inventory sheet of the belongings that contains necessary notes. The Priority Moving Service is a program aimed at small moves that offer quick pack and ship services.
- Long-distance moving service:Door-to-door moving services are provided across the nation. The establishment of Strategic Service Centers that are responsible for transporting all through the move is part of the logistical advantages.
- International moving service:The multinational and multilingual workers at Arpin are ready for performing moves to another country. These are directly handled by the Arpin International Group division of the company.
Military and government Arpin boasts of completing over 14,000 GSA military relocation every year. Reviews show that Arpin has a lot of military contracts for moving those on active duty.
- Corporate moves:Arpin Van Lines is experienced in moving businesses of different sizes.
- Affinity workers relocation:Business staff that is relocating is encouraged to enjoy to consider this program that assigns and move manager and provides flexible storage options.
- Storage:Local agents from Arpin offer different storage options like secure, climate-controlled, and so on. For instance, Moving & Storage Solution Inc. which is a local agent of the company located in Bellingham, Washington, has a 16,000 square foot warehouse storage facility that is highly secure and with 24-hour surveillance.
- Packing & unpacking:A professional worker will pack all your belongings for shipment. All boxed items will be removed and placed on different surfaces during unpacking. Standard unpacking excludes organizing items in drawers or cabinets.
- Crating and third-party services:Boats, cars, and others can get customized moving services. Arpin move vehicles in open or enclosed shipping carriers.
- Moving supplies:The company doesn’t offer an online platform for booking moving boxes and supplies; however, each local agent has stocks of the items for purchase.
- Cost and affordability:Arpin advertises itself as a customer-centered moving company solution and doesn’t claim to be the cheapest or most expensive carrier.
- Pricing and estimates:Even though estimates are often completed onsite, remote options are also available due to the COVID-19 contactless policy for quotes.
Estimates are often issued in writing (digital or not) and are either binding or non-binding types estimates. Non-binding estimates are referred to as being approximations. House moves often involve cash on delivery (COD) payment with certified checks or credit cards accepted. The company does not accept personal checks.
- One of the oldest moving companies
- Highly experienced in a long-distance move
- Generally delivers quality service
- Great customer
- Online shipment tracking not available
Arpin Van Lines Moving Quote Options
There are three beneficial ways of moving quotations offered by Arpin. You may select any of them to prevent unplanned high costs on the last day of the move.
- You may choose to fill an online form and get your ballpark moving cost estimation instantly.
- A more accurate evaluation may be acquired with on-site estimation, arranged with a company’s worker.
- The third option is the most convenient. You may connect remotely to the company’s moving specialist using your phone so you can make a virtual moving survey. You will obtain similar actual results as with in-house estimation.
The cost of an average house move (two-bedroom apartment) at 2,500 miles will cost approximately $4,100.
The calculation is done based on distance and weight.
Local moves are quoted by the hour per mover. Consider the “ballpark” moving estimate price ranges for relocating to a 2-bedroom apartment, excluding the packing estimate.
|Los Angeles, CA||Dallas, TX||$3,171 – $4,105|
|Dallas, TX||Chicago, IL||$2,866 – $3,719|
|Chicago, IL||Baltimore, MD||$2,694 – $3,441|
|Baltimore, MD||Orlando, FL||$2,676 – $3,455|
For more on long-distance moving costs, readHow Much Does Long Distance Mover Cost?
Property Insurance and Protection
Standard Coverageis the compulsory minimum coverage required of all movers that pay $0.60 per pound per item.
Full Replacement Value Protection (FRVO):This additional coverage is available for purchase that equals $6.00 per pound for each item. Items of a higher value must be indicated on the list of Extraordinary Value Inventory.
Arpin Van Lines Customer Reviews & Feedback
They are present in West Warwick, Rhode Island which has 64 customers’ reviews on Google with a total rating of 3.8 out of 5. The majority of the negative feedback was linked to care for the less loading of items and resulted in great damage to the customer’s goods.
Changing Places Moving is their only agent located in Michigan and it has more than 40 reviews on Google with a total rating of 4.5 out of 5.
The agent has nice moving feedback with a lot of customers that discovered the movers of the company to be friendly and professional.
Only a few posters complained of certain damage to furniture that happened during loading.
Arpin’s total rating is lower at 1.5 out of 5 on Yelp. A lot of dissatisfied customers complained that their items were damaged because of carelessness from the part of the movers during the loading and unloading process.
Some customers accused the movers of making changes to the inventory sheet notes to seem like the items were damaged before loading into the moving truck at the old home.
A lot of these negative reviews were from two years ago or older, in most cases, a company representative responded to these posts in a bid to solve the issues amicably.
There is a headquarters location page on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for Arpin Group, Inc. that rated them A+ and has been accredited with them for years.
They have not received any complaints in the last year and about 4 for the past three years. Most of these complaints involved delayed arrival during pickup at the old location or the destination home.
Pros and Cons of Moving with Arpin Van Lines
Arpin Van Lines seems to have a good network of agent for long-distance moves and their country-to-country moving department seems to be making waves
- The company now offers personalized moving services for military veterans as well as discounted rates of moves and coverage on the
- Local agents can perform virtual estimates with a mobile device and platforms like Zoom, FaceTime, or Facebook Messenger in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The company now offers discounts during the off-peak season from September through April, for seniors, realtors, and so on.
- The Environmental Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Policies of Arpin Company is committed to environmental protection and that is an indication that they are a “green” company.
- The company boasts a good reputation and experience acquired because of several moves, which Arpin provided with no extra contractors.
- Arpin performs quoting easily and accurately, as they calculate the cost in three ways.
- Arpin Van Lines offers a modern mobile app for customer’s comfort
- Special offers are available for military and government moves.
As popular in the moving industry, a lot of local agents employ movers that may be careless when transporting delicate items. This can lead to the claims process, which sometimes results in negativity, particularly when the customer didn’t buy supplemental coverage protection.
- Some larger city areas don’t have local agents, such as Orlando, Charlotte, Miami, Richmond, Jacksonville, Louisville, and New Orleans.
- A lot of customer complaints seem from movers that handle customers’ belongings (like boxes and furniture) carelessly and cause much damage.
- Arpin Van Lines was a leading family-owned mover that was recently acquired by a big corporate group. It is not sure if the company will keep up with its former history of success.
- Claims on breached terms of delivery may be observed in some reviews of the company.
Should you Move with Arpin Van Lines?
This company has a fairly wide network of local movers which makes them a brilliant option for interstate moves. They also seem to be experienced in international moves and for moving military members. The quality of the workers used for loading and unloading is usually not consistent.
However, if you think Arpin is not the best choice for you, you can choose from any of ourbest long distance moving companiesthat have been tested to be reputable in the moving industry.
How do I know if a moving company is reputable? ›
The fastest way to find out if a company is reputable is to check reviews. Many of these can be found online through sites like Yelp and Nextdoor but you can also ask neighbors, friends, and coworkers for recommendations. You can also check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there have been any complaints.How do you trust a moving company? ›
- Ask Family & Friends for Recommendations. ...
- Confirm They're a Mover, NOT a Broker. ...
- Research the Moving Company (Who Are They?) ...
- Consult Federal & State Resources. ...
- Verify the Mover is Licensed and Insured. ...
- Reviews Matter – Check Them Out. ...
- Visit Their Office to Meet Them in Person.
Convenient Local Moving Services
With our network of more than 300 agents, United provides full service, interstate moving services. United moving agents also independently serve local customers under their own businesses and brands.
Check online for reviews with the BBB and Google to be sure that they have a history of customer service success. Document Everything. After delivery, you have nine months to report any problems to the moving company and file a written claim for loss or damage to your belongings.Is it better to use a moving broker or a moving company? ›
Is it better to use a moving broker or a moving company? If you're looking to save money and keep more control over your move, it's usually better to deal directly with the moving company rather than hire a broker.What can you do if you get scammed by a moving company? ›
Consumers seeking to file a complaint against a household goods moving company, broker or other carrier may contact FMCSA's National Consumer Complaint Database online or toll-free at: 1-888-368-7238.
But, it is not uncommon for moving companies to ask for a deposit of some kind. Even established, reputable, and honest companies will sometimes ask for deposits up front. This is because when you hire a moving company, you reserve a date, and they are setting aside their workers and their time to help you out.Should a moving company ask for a deposit? ›
If the mover you select is a reputable company, then they will likely not ask you to pay a deposit prior to your relocation. In most cases, you are asked to pay your relocation bill once all your possessions have been safely delivered to your new home.
On average, movers charge between $25 to $50 per mover, per hour for local moves. So, a two-person team working for four hours will cost a minimum of $200 to $400, just for labor. But keep in mind that other expenses will be incurred as well, like transportation fees, materials and gas.Are United Van Lines and Mayflower the same? ›
Mayflower is owned by UniGroup, the same corporation that owns the major moving company United Van Lines. Both Mayflower and United use the same online moving quote tool and have similar pricing.
Who owns United Van Lines? ›
UniGroup, founded in 1988, is a $1.5 billion transportation company and parent of United Van Lines, the nation's leading corporate mover, and Mayflower Transit, the most well-known name in the moving industry.How far in advance should you book movers? ›
Ideally, you'll want to reserve at least two months before your move date, but 12 weeks is recommended for moves during busier times (like around holidays). To be safe, go ahead and book as soon as you have most of the details figured out.What is the most common way to get scammed? ›
- Advance Fee Scams. ...
- Tech Support Scams. ...
- Phishing. ...
- Emergency Scams. ...
- IRS or Government Imposter Scams. ...
- Foreign Money Exchange Scams. ...
- Counterfeit Cashier's Checks. ...
- Bogus Debts.
- Research public databases for further pieces of information about you.
- Get yet more personal information about you from online data brokers.
- Send you phishing attacks and scams by physical mail.
- Redirect your physical mail, essentially committing mail fraud.
Selling stuff before you move is a great way to make a fresh start. As well as to make some extra money, to buy new items, and get off on the right foot. While you, of course, can keep what you need such as your new clothes, towels, etc. aka stuff that is easy to pack and will be used.Why do moving companies charge so much? ›
Why do moving companies charge so much? Moving companies seem to charge a lot of money because they have a lot of expenses to cover: from labor for packing and loading the moving truck in any circumstance to fuel costs and equipment fees, you can be sure your money is being well spent.Can I negotiate with movers? ›
However, you're faced with some steep moving quotes, probably leaving you wondering if it's possible to negotiate with a moving company for a more reasonable price. It definitely is!Can you get a refund if you get scammed? ›
Contact your bank immediately to let them know what's happened and ask if you can get a refund. Most banks should reimburse you if you've transferred money to someone because of a scam.What happens if a moving company doesn't deliver on time? ›
If your moving company already has your belongings, but the truck is running late for some reason, try not to panic. Instead, contact the company's corporate office to notify them of the delay and find out how long you're going to be waiting. Then, you can use your time efficiently.Should I offer food to movers? ›
To keep things simple, we'd recommend providing food if the move takes longer than four or five hours. At that point, even if the movers start early, you're likely running into lunchtime. Letting the movers go off to lunch is fine, and they may very well need the break.
Is it normal to pay movers before moving? ›
Reputable movers will NOT demand cash or any large deposit before moving you. You generally pay upon delivery. If you pay upfront, you have zero control over when you'll see your belongings again. When you do pay, use a credit card that will help you fight any fraudulent activity.Do you tip the owner of a moving company? ›
Are You Required to Tip Movers? In short, no. There is no industry standard for tipping. “Tipping is not required, but greatly appreciated by the movers,” says Hilary Reynolds with All My Sons Moving and Storage.What is a normal deposit for a moving company? ›
Every company has their own policy when requesting deposits. It usually depends on the size of the move, the amount of the estimate, the season, and whether the move is local or long-distance. That being said, a reasonable deposit can range anywhere from $100 to $500 for local moves.What should you not pack in a moving pod? ›
What can't I load in a Container? Hazardous Materials such as toxic chemicals, gas, liquids, substance, material or waste, lawn mowers, motorized vehicles and illegal items cannot be placed in a PODS Container.Can you pay a moving company with a credit card? ›
Sometimes you can get a better deal when you pay your moving company in cash. However, if the movers will only accept cash, it may be a scam. Credit card payments leave a trail and the ability to dispute a charge. A legitimate moving company will accept multiple forms of payment, including credit payments.What to look out for when using a moving company? ›
- Recommendations from people you trust. ...
- Good reviews. ...
- A successful track record. ...
- License and insurance. ...
- Transparent rates. ...
- A good fit for your individual needs. ...
- Beware of rogue movers.
- A moving contract (also referred to as an order for service) outlines the terms and conditions of your move. ...
- Additional charges. ...
- Bill of lading. ...
- Binding estimate. ...
- Full-value replacement and released-value replacement. ...
- High-value inventory. ...
- Line haul charges. ...
- Non-binding estimate.
- Take references from reliable sources. ...
- Do proper research work. ...
- Verify their certifications & license. ...
- Get proper paperwork done. ...
- Never consider unreasonably low-cost service.
Consumers seeking to file a complaint against a household goods moving company, broker or other carrier may contact FMCSA's National Consumer Complaint Database online or toll-free at: 1-888-368-7238.
While it's important that you let the movers do their job, it doesn't mean that you leave the site and just wait for them in your new home. They might have other questions or concerns requiring your assistance. Someone has to be there to resolve any issue.
What to expect when a moving company packs for you? ›
- Supply packing materials. You shouldn't have to buy boxes, tape, or packing material unless you decide to pack some items before the movers arrive.
- Pack. ...
- Disassemble furniture. ...
- Load and unload. ...
- Unpack. ...
- Dispose of the waste.
That being said, a reasonable deposit can range anywhere from $100 to $500 for local moves. The amount grows with long-distance moves. A good rule of thumb when paying a deposit: the amount should be no more than 25% of the total estimate price. If it's any larger than that, you might be dealing with a scam.How do moving companies calculate costs? ›
Most long-distance movers charge by weight and mileage, so the cost of your move will depend on how large and heavy your shipment is, as well as the distance between pickup and delivery locations.What are the responsibilities of a moving company? ›
- Deliver and set-up furniture inside client homes, as required or requested.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from clients in a professional manner.
- Collect furniture from residential or commercial locations.
- Protect all donated furniture from damage through established best practices.
Should you hire packers to pack your home when moving? In almost every home moving scenario, the answer is YES. You will save a huge amount of your precious time, your items will be packed properly in a way that will prevent damage, and less packing materials will be used.Is it normal to pay movers upfront? ›
Though you may have a reasonably priced deposit due upfront to secure your moving date and time, most reputable professionals will not ask for a full payment until finishing the entire move.Will I get my money back if I was scammed? ›
Contact your bank immediately to let them know what's happened and ask if you can get a refund. Most banks should reimburse you if you've transferred money to someone because of a scam.